The general public is hereby invited to nominate Gambian nationals for appointment as Commissioners to the Truth, Reconciliation and Reparations Commission (TRRC).
Nominated candidates must be persons of:
- high moral character and integrity
- no criminal record or involvement in past human rights violations
- not known to be actively involved in a political party
- residency in the greater Banjul area (Banjul and KMC) or in the Diaspora
Proposals from the general public shall include the following information on the nominated candidate;
- Full name and current address
- Educational background
- Employment history
- Short notes of not more than 500 words (type-written; font size 12; 1.5 line spacing) stating the reasons for the person’s suitability for appointment as Commissioner to the TRRC in the light of its mandate and objectives.
All nominations shall be submitted to the Attorney General’s Chambers and Ministry of Justice, Marina Parade, Banjul, not later than the 14th day of February, 2018. Nominations that do not provide all the requisite information shall not be considered further.
Solicitor General & Legal Secretary
Ministry of Justice