For Immediate release
March 26, 2020
CRC TO SUBMIT FINAL DRAFT CONSTITUTION ON MONDAY
The Constitutional Review Commission is pleased to announce to Gambians that the much anticipated Draft Constitution is finalized and will be submitted to His Excellency, President Adama Barrow at State House on Monday 30th March, 2020.
This follows a series of consultations with Gambians at home and abroad as to how they wish to be governed in the new Draft Constitution. It could be recalled that, the CRC made a promise to Gambians at a press conference held on Monday 27th January, 2020 that it will submit the final Draft Constitution to the President not later than March, 2020.
It is gratifying to note that a lot of effort was invested by Gambians from all walks of life to ensure that the Commission produces a Constitution that will stand the test of time and become a model for not only the African continent but the World at large.
The CRC will also publish, on Tuesday 31st March, 2020, the final Draft Constitution and the accompanying Report on its website (www.crc220.org) and via its social media platforms (Twitter: @crcgambia, Linkedin: crc@gambia and Facebook: Constitutional Review Commission, The Gambia) to give Gambians the opportunity to acquaint themselves with the contents of this national document of great importance.
For further Information, Please Contact CRC Communication Department
Mr. Sainey MK Marenah
Head of Media and Communications Constitutional Review Commission Futurelec Building, Kotu +2203420440: Email:S.firstname.lastname@example.org
follow site cailis vs viagra compare and contrast 5 paragraph essay online viagra cialis kaufen http://fall.law.fsu.edu/stay.php?home=how-to-write-an-essay-about-yourself-for-a-scholarship the help film analysis essay professional college essay proofreading site gb a research project source link Is Celebrex or Mobic Stronger source film comparisons enter research paper bibliography go to site resume cover letter templates plant inspection engineer resume click here study description https://chanelmovingforward.com/stories/best-school-essay-writers-service/51/ get link click here climactic order example essay scholarship that dont require an essay i want someone to do my assignment after using viagra enter site qual e mais forte cialis ou viagra http://fall.law.fsu.edu/stay.php?home=how-do-i-open-an-email-account-on-my-ipad evaluate yourself as a writer essay click Timeline of Events
1) CRC submits the final draft constitution to President Barrow – March 2020. Now, upon submitting the draft to the President, Section 21 of the Act mandates the CRC to also publish the draft constitution and the report in the Gazette for public consumption, in an attempt to prevent tampering.
2) After review, President Barrow sends the draft to National Assembly
3) First publication of Bill in Gazette
4) 3 months later, second publication of Bill in Gazette
5) 10 days later, introduction of Bill to NA
6) Bill in second reading, supported by 3/4ths of all NAMs
7) Bill in third reading, supported by 3/4ths of all NAMs
8) Bill referred by Speaker to the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) for a referendum, to be held within 6 months
9) Referendum: 50% turnout + 75% of votes cast
10) If passed by referendum, Bill referred to President with IEC certification
11) President must assent within 7 days